How to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home
Let’s face it going out for Valentine’s Day can be a little overrated – busy restaurants full of couples and the cliché passionfruit dessert. But what if you want to celebrate your loved one without being cheesy - perhaps a romantic night in will do the trick!
Staying in for Valentine’s is the new going out! With all that has happened in the last 2 years – some don’t feel comfortable going to busy restaurants and something good to come out of the pandemic are all the at-home options we now have to choose from. The days of choosing between two local takeaways are long gone.
Staying in for Valentine’s day removes all the pressure, if you want to get dressed up you can, but if you prefer to celebrate in your pyjamas then why the hell not… But if you do decide to stay at home how do you make it special and not like any other Monday night?
Indulge Dining’s top tips for a special Valentine’s date night at-home
- First things first – make sure you buy a card. Everyone likes to read a few words about why they are loved. So even if you don’t buy presents I guarantee a card will go down a storm!
- Set the table – do you have crockery and place settings usually saved for Christmas – well stop them gathering dust and get them out. Today is not a time to be eating on your laps in front of the tele.
- Light those candles – get the ambience right!
- Invest in a nice bottle of wine – today is definitely the time to splash out more than you usually would. Go to your local wine shop and ask for a recommendation.
- Maybe even invest in a cocktail shaker and learn how to make your favourite cocktail – are you a margarita person or maybe prefer espresso martinis? They are both super easy to make if you have a shaker. Alternatively, if you don’t have a cocktail shaker then perhaps try your hand at a Negroni!
- Finally, the most important thing is that you eat well on Valentines day! So why not let Indulge provide the fine dining with their valentine’s day meal kit.
Indulge helps you bring restaurant quality food straight to your own dining table. Indulge Dining’s Valentine’s day meal-kit is the perfect hassle-free cosy night in. Chef Andy Bowler has worked in some of London’s best Michelin star restaurants and brings all his experience to this special 6 course menu, for just £60.00pp - far less than you would pay in a restaurant with the same standard of food.
The meal-kit comes completely cooked so you just need to follow the simple step-by-step instructions to heat up, plate up and enjoy. Indulge provides you with a truly magical evening whilst still being entirely stress-free.
Valentine’s Day Menu
Soda bread with flavoured butter
Montgomery cheddar, caramelised onion & wild garlic
Prawn, heritage carrot, radish & crispy chicken skin
Jerusalem artichoke, pearl barley, wild mushroom & thyme (V)
Beef short-rib, caramelised celeriac, king oyster mushroom & sprouting broccoli
Celeriac, turnip, variegated kale & bay leaf
Chocolate, peanut & vanilla
Dark chocolate & ginger truffles
Ex Petrus, Fera and Roganic Andy Bowler’s brainchild, Indulge Dining is an exceptional fine dining meal kit delivery service offering not only Michelin star quality food, but also the ambiance: no styrofoam containers or lukewarm food in sight. Everything comes carefully packaged and with specific instructions, making it easy to recreate a restaurant-quality romantic meal at home.
No detail is spared to create a stunning meal at home and a selection of fine wines has also been paired with the menu which can easily be purchased on the Indulge Dining website as well.
A valentine’s day meal kit is the perfect way to spend your valentine’s day in 2022!